I believe that Recovery Services should be developed using a “Person Centered Approach”, and I believe that It Is My Job to Tailor My Services To You. I will help you identify your concerns, issues and struggles related to your substance use and how it has impacted your life. Then I will help you to use the information to set Recovery Goals that are consistent with your wants, needs, beliefs and preferences, which will assist you in achieving the life that you have hoped for and dreamed of. Finally, I will help you develop and maintain your own Individualized Recovery Program.
As a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor, I will use my educational and professional expertise to help you map out your long-term recovery goals and help you explore and resolve any difficulties you may encounter along the way. I offer a safe, comfortable and supportive environment to help you feel as much at ease as possible, even when talking about difficult issues.
Benefits of Recovery Counseling:
- A clear understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Learn how to develop healthy relationships and how to set appropriate boundaries
- Resolve the issues and/or concerns that led you to seek recovery counseling
- Learn effective coping and stress management skills
- Learn to manage your emotions in an effective manner
- Improve communication and listening skills
- Eliminate self-defeating behavior patterns and develop new life-enhancing ones
- Discover new ways to develop, and maintain, positive and supportive relationships
- Improve your self-esteem and boost your self-confidence