3 years ago · Christine Ruehling, LADC · Comments Off on How Can Recovery Counseling Help Me?
First and foremost; you don’t have to do this alone! There are many benefits from participating in counseling. You will have guidance and support throughout your recovery journey. You will explore and identify the issues that are holding you back. You can learn new skills that will help you become the person you want to be and to develop the relationships and life you want to have.
Benefits of Recovery Counseling:
- A clear understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Learn how to develop healthy relationship and how to set appropriate boundaries
- Resolve the issues and/or concerns that led you to seek recovery counseling
- Learn effective coping and stress management skills
- Learn to manage your emotions in an effective manner
- Improve communication and listening skills
- Eliminate self-defeating behavior patterns and develop new life-enhancing ones
- Discover new ways to develop, and maintain, positive and supportive relationships
- Improve your self-esteem and boost your self-confidence